Griots - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
Detailing Discussion This area is for sharing your knowledge, techniques and products used or ask questions related to interior & exterior detailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Thumbs up Griots

Has anyone tried products via Griots? I used some of their Best of show detailed spray. Impressed with it. First it smells awsome. Sprays out nice while wiping on and off easy. Leaves an extremely smooth surface while really enhancing the shine and deep color enhancing. Good for those mbetween washes, removes finger prints, dust and so on. Not meant for use while claying though. And it's an all American product.

All Motor......... Just old fashion CI .. Nothing to see here... Just drive by..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:50 PM

I just ordered both 6 and 3inch polishers from them including a best of show correcting creme and a liquid glass poly wax to detail my wk2 jeep. I can report back with my opinion after using their product
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:51 AM
Premium Member

My first polisher was a Griotts, having said that, I have never used any of their products until last week in Florida. I detail at home in Ohio and my parents asked me to detail a 03 or 04 Mustang Mach 1 that was inherited. I only had access to a Harbor Freight polisher. I use IGL coatings who carry Americana pads so I went with American pads, IGL Kenzo coating but I needed something to finish the paint. I almost went with old reliable Megs stuff from AutoZone since I had a gift card. Ended up getting a Mothers paint prep thing since I didn't want to buy clay and Griotts compounding cream. I was able to wash and clay the car in the morning before the hot Florida sun would cause me to bake up and shrivel to nothing. That night I set to it with the Griotts on a yellow Americana pad, my towels were cheap AZ towels as well. The compound was actually pretty darn good! The car is normally parked outside, it was my Uncles before he passed away and kept outside as well. Has like 20k on the clock so it isn't driven a ton (old people) but needless to say it had its share of water spots and scratches. I started compounding around 4pm, base coat of Kenzo went on at 6PM, finished up later that night with the top coat. Here is the car 2 days later:
Attached Thumbnails
Optimized-20170415_161933.jpg   Optimized-20170415_161940.jpg   Optimized-20170415_162009.jpg   Optimized-20170416_133354.jpg  

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Came out great.

CMF- please do report back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode