Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Need some good wheel polish for forged aluminum wheels...

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  KRAZY8 
#1 ·
I need some really good wheel polish for some forged aluminum wheels ( CCW SP600 wheels ) that I have on another car. I'm trying to buff out some very, very light scratches. So far I've tried Mothers California Gold Metal Polish, it was ok but not great. The next polish was White Diamond Polish, slightly better with a better shine. And the last one I used was Mothers Billet Metal Polish, which done the best out of the 3 polishes that I used. The Mothers Billet Metal Polish removed or covered some of the scratches but I'm not 100% satisfied with the results. Any recommendations for a polish that will help in removing scratches would be great!

#2 ·
Wenol......

Reactions: Passmg2 and KRAZY8
#8 ·
First of all thanks to everyone who has replied! Now for the issue that I was having seems to be when I wiped off any polish that I was using I would still have the very light scratches on the rims. So after do some research on the internet I had read that most or all microfiber cloths would leave light scratches when using them for final polish, like the microfiber cloths from China. So I bought some better quality cloths, like the ones in the picture below. No more scratches! These cloths are very soft and thick compared to the ebay microfiber cloths that I was using.

#10 ·
Yes, that is correct. My problem was when I was removing the polish with the cloth, I would keep turning the cloth as I was wiping which was leaving the very light scratches on the rim. I could feel a difference when I dragged the microfiber cloth that I was using across the palm of my hand. It felt like the palm of my hand was rough on one side, but on the other side of the cloth it was softer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.