Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

HID problem :(

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  dirtrcr 
#1 ·
Hey, was just wondeing about getting some direction on this. I bought the Xenon Extreeeeeeeme HID kit a few months back and have been running them without any problems. Last nigth I had driver side healight just go out while I was driving, I clicked my lights off and then back on and the driver side stayed off. I figure I would try to check the wiring at home, so I drove on. About 2 blocks from my house it ignited, I pulled in (it was dark) and with a flash light check for loose connection. I wiggled the wires but the light stayed on.
This morning I was driving to work and had the lights on. About 5 min into driving in goes out again. I get to work, go inside and realize I forgot my laptop... Go back inot the car turn the lights on and they both ignite and stay on for my 20min drive back home. Were also fine for my drive back to work (again)!
Sorry for the long description but my question is did anybody ahve similar problems? What could it be? I assume it is not the bulb because it is intermittent... I wiggled allt he wires leading to the headlight and checked all the OEM and the kit connections, they are fine. All fuses are fine and plugged in (obviously or the lights wouldn't work). Should I wait until it does it again and use an ohm meter to see if the actual bulb is getting juice? What shold be the Volts/Amps?

Thanks

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Are you using a Relay harness on it? Or Plug& Play ?

#3 ·
Im having the same issue on my Extreme Kit. It's a loose connection on the fuse holder, try opening the cover and pushing the fuse back, all the way in .. should fire back on.

After speaking with Steve at KB I believe intermitent issues like this are generally connection related opposed to component.

Hope it helps

#4 ·
You know what, that sounds right! I pushed all the fuses back in this morning at work and the lights stayed on for the drive home and back to work... I will hope that is the problem. I agree that it sire seems like a connection somewhere. Thanks

#7 · (Edited)
AROD - I'm happy to hear that the issue is resolved with your HID kit. As others have mentioned, typically intermittent issues such as the one you experienced are connection related. If the fuse is not seated properly or your ground location is not making proper contact to a bare metal surface you will get flickering.

Glad that everything is working, let us know if you need anything!

#10 ·
So I poped the fuses open again and placed some sticky back low density foam inside each of the little doors. Made sure to feel a little pressure as I snap them closed and drove around a bunch last night. Everything seems fine and I drove this morning the whole way with the lights on and they both work!

Thanks for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.