Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Snow Tires - Help :)

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Tcharles 
#1 ·
Can I run (4) Blizzacks 255-45-20 all the way around with no issues on my 2009 WK1? I currently have a 22" FRP with Pirellis and i want to use my OEM 20" rims for winter set-up. Anybody running these. I just want to find a good snow tire package to go with stock rims. Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Im curious about this to. I went to Les Schwab today to get a quote on a good winter setup and ended up buying 4 18" Milanni rims because i couldnt find good winter tires to fit on my stock rims. I havent paid yet, they are being ordered, wondering if their is a way for some good winter tires on my stock rims. Is it bad to run your stock rims in the snow or is it smarter to just run some 18s with a winter tire and then switch to my old tires for the rest of the season.

#4 ·
just a heads up, the road salt will eat the clearcoat right off your stock rims.

#7 ·
I wouldn't want to ruin the stock wheels by running them in the winter or having tires swapped on/off twice a year. The F10s I run on the Jeep in the winter are showing cosmetic signs of salt damage and they have only been used 2 winters and not even in the worst weather.

#8 ·
I'm running Michelin Latitude all weathers front and rear, plastidipped my wheels for looks and to protect them during the winter. I'm pretty confident I'll be more than ok with that setup.

I looked at new rims and Bilzzaks but just couldn't bring myself to spend that money "just in case" in snows.

#10 ·
the clearcoat on my OEM rims looks great and they have been installed year round since day one, 2010.

a 20" snow tire will not be the greatest in the snow, you need something narrower like the 18x8 wheel tire package tire rack offers, save your OEM rims either way

#11 ·
I've used my stockers thru the last 4 winters and am shocked that the clear coat is holding up so well (although I wash the sh$t out of them regularly :)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.