so.... stock... 580HP.... add supercharger, camshaft, cylinder heads, about $50 grand, and you only get an extra 120 HP?? ummmmmmm ???
here is the list of everything they used.
• 707 bhp @ 6,300 rpm
HPE700 Upgrade Includes:
• CNC Ported Cylinder Heads
• HPE Air Induction System
• Upgraded Valvetrain Parts
• Custom HPE Camshaft
• Hennessey Pulley Upgrade
• Intercooler Heat Exchanger Upgrade
• Fuel System Upgrade
• 160 Degree Thermostat
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• Hennessey Exterior Badging
• Hennessey Premium Floormats
• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty
This uses the stock supercharger and i dont believe this kit is $50k... that is their twin turbo upgrade. These cars dyno about 480-500whp normally. so it is a significant increase i would say. The ZL1 was not designed to be a straight line car, it was more designed for road courses. Hence the IRS suspension and magentic ride suspension.
The new GT500 is a monster. Have mad respect for both cars. they just have their strengths in different areas.