Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Help hitting 10's

69K views 611 replies 54 participants last post by  viking757 
#1 ·
So where do I begin... At ATCO I ran my PB of 11.249 @123 with a 1.65 60' @~11psi on my Vortech

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CTd5h27xgcM

This was with everything in the interior but the sub. I know I can crack off a 10 second pass with my current set-up.

Here is my game plan:
Send Joel my logs so he can work his magic and provide me with one heck of a MS109 tune.

Pull the interior

Get my NT05r's hotter by hitting the water box and doing two AWD burnouts

At VMP I put the jeep into track mode and I didn't really like it. Just turning off the ESP netted me better 60' times.

So does anyone have any other suggestions?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#5 ·
Get better fuel as a safety net. C16 as a minimum would be best.

I'd recon you'll need a little more timing if you're not adding boost. Just a degree or 2.

I agree that the 60ft is huge when it comes to these things getting into the 10s. But with a little more power and better fuel, you can do it with the same 60ft

Reactions: viking757
#6 · (Edited)
I'd remove the three hookers from the back cargo area. That will gain you 3/10ths of a second right there!

#7 ·
Putting the jeep in track mode takes off all the nannies so that's probably why your 60 fts went up. On a track with better prep it will definitely yield better times.

Eskle has used 109 with the Maggie and has been 10.3x...I think you'll be fine with it. You're 11.2 was pump gas wasn't it?

#8 ·
I went 10.70 before I went Frankenstein. DRs on 4 corners, spot on tune, race fuel and every possible ounce of weight you can shed. Use dyno mode !!!! That includes change in the console and fasting for days!! :)
If Paulo can do it, so can you.

#18 ·
10ssss fo sho!!!! I'll bring the sawzall and cut off wheel to cut some weight.....haha.

I think with all the above mentioned by others, you will be in the 10s.

#28 ·
Low 1.5's 60' @ 122-123

#41 · (Edited)
Tim, I'm thinking about going to Etown on Sunday the 23rd if you want to get a crack at that track too. I'm hoping to get my NT05rs and give it a shot for a new PB also, as last Saturday at ATCO I had no traction on all my runs.
Let me know if you can make it.

#47 ·
#46 ·
Looks great! Good luck!

#49 ·
I see 10's in your future!

Reactions: kenta and viking757
#52 ·
You get rid of those three hookers yet from the cargo area? ;)

Reactions: SPEEDDEMON
#57 ·
Good luck! I love seeing the OG old school Vortech kits being pushed. BTW Ill be back soon in another WK1 and it will no doubt be Vortech blown again. Round 3 FTW!

Reactions: MattSRT
#72 · (Edited)
Other then cleaning up your engine bay I see no advantages in going to and AIR/AIR front mount intercooler over the AIR/WATER setup supplied in the Vortech kit. I have had quite a few detailed conversations with Vortech about this. Vortech uses AIR/AIR on there mustang coyote kit only because there wasn't room for an AIR/WATER setup.

#78 ·
Air/water might be more efficient but the air/air looks better.

Reactions: SRT-MANA
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.